Instructions for Opening and Reading eBook
Products from Monergismbooks.com
Upon purchasing a new eBook from Monergism Books, you will receive a e-mail entitled “Download Keys” for your order. Follow the link to the download page to access your file/s and download them to your hard drive. (This unique download key is only valid for 24 hours)
1) Opening EPUB Files with Apple Products OR Alternate Method #2 (without syncing to iTunes)
2) Opening mobi and .prc files with Apple Products (iPad & iPhone) via the Kindle App
2) Opening EPUB Files with Nook
3) Opening .prc or .mobi files with a Kindle
4) Opening Kindle .prc or .mobi files with Android
Opening ePub file with Apple Products
Before beginning this process, please make sure you have the latest versions of iTunes running on your computer. Also, please make sure you have updated your Apple device with the latest software updates
When you use iBooks to open a ePub file, iBooks will automatically save a copy of the ePub to your iBooks shelf. These ePub files will also sync back to your iTunes Book library the next time you sync your device with iTunes.
Syncing and saving ePub files
Please make sure you save your ePub file on the hard drive of your computer, preferably on your desktop. Once you have saved your ePub file to your computer, simply drag and drop the ePub file into your iTunes Book library.
To sync a ePub to iBooks on your device:
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in the Devices list on the left in iTunes 9.2 or later.
- Click the Books tab in the resulting window.
- Ensure that the Sync Books checkbox is enabled.
- If iTunes is set to only sync selected books, be sure to enable the checkbox next to the ePub you want to sync.
- Click Sync.
For those of you who prefer not to sync ePub with iTunes
There is yet another way to get ePub files onto iBooks. After downloading the ePub file to your computer, Email the eBook(s) to yourself and then open your emails on your iPad. Store the books on your device, and there you go! Simply attach the ePub file in an email to yourself, and voila!, you download to your iPad and select iBooks to save it.
Opening mobi and .prc files with Apple Products (iPad & iPhone) via the Kindle App
***Prior to performing these tasks - please make sure you are running the latest updated version of iTunes software, as well as the latest iOS software for your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
***Please make sure you have downloaded the Amazon Kindle app from the iTunes store (Click Here) AND you have registered your device to an Amazon.com account (Instructions Here)
To sync a .mobi * .prc files to your Apple device:
1) Download and save your Kindle file (.prc or .mobi) to your computer. Save this file somewhere were it can be found easily. (example: the documents folder)
2) Connect your Apple device to your computer and launch iTunes.
3) In iTunes, select your device, and locate the section titled "File Sharing" under the Apps tab.
4) Under the file sharing section, select the Kindle app, then select the "Add..." button.
5) An iTunes window will ask you to select a file. Locate and select your Kindle file on your computer (see Step 1).
6) Eject your device.
7) On your device, open the Kindle app and enjoy!
Another way to get them on your iPad with Kindle software is to simply:
1) download the eBook from our site and save it to somewhere on your hard drive of your computer.
2) Email it to yourself as an attachment using your free Kindle account at Amazon which is usually some like firstname.lastname@example.org
3) It will sync up wirelessly to your Kindle or Kindle software (whichever you have registered).
Opening ePub file with your Nook
Accessible from the library icon on the Home menu, my documents is a view of your personal digital content. Where you can put your personal files differs for the internal memory and a supplemental microSD card:
For copying personal documents and files to your NOOK, connect your NOOK to your computer with the USB cable and open the NOOK drive for the internal memory. Place your ePub, PDB, and PDF files in the folder my documents, or in folders under that folder. Any hierarchy under my documents is fine.
For ADE syncing:
1. Download and set up an account for Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). Make sure you're email address and password are the same for both accounts, otherwise you may have problems authenticating.
2. Sign into your library website and download whatever books you want. Remember where you put your books – in a download folder, or another folder (I have a "Library Books" folder on my desktop).
3. Click on the *.epub or *.acsm file to launch the book. (If necessary, right click, select "open with" ADE). This will load the book into ADE.
4. Turn on your Nook and plug it in.
5. In ADE, you should get a pop-up asking to authorize your Nook. If not, select the Library icon (the three books in the left corner). Use the Library drop-down menu and select "authorize Nook."
6. From the Library, drag the book you'd like to read on your Nook, listed under Bookshelves on the left. The files will automatically go where to the correct spot.
You should now be able to read your library books on your Nook!
Opening .Mobi or .prc files with a Kindle
Please make sure you save your Mobi file on the hard drive of your computer, preferably on your desktop.
To transfer a Mobi file to your Kindle:
- Connect your Kindle to your computer with the USB cord that came with your Kindle. Your Kindle should appear on your computer in the same location you would normally find an external USB drive.
- Use your computer's file browser to drag and drop file(s) to and from the “Documents” folder located on the hard drive of your Kindle.
- When finished, use your computer's undock, eject, or unmount feature to remove your Kindle.
Opening .Mobi or .prc files with a Droid X Phone
If you have a smartphone it is very easy to read eBooks. Android, for instance, can download the free Kindle AP at the marketplace (on your phone) . Then when you save an eBook from Monergism Books to your hard drive, plug in the USB cord that came with you phone and upload it to the Kindle folder. Viola! it is ready to read. You can even make the font bigger and turn the device sideways.
1) After receiving the email entitled "download keys", download the .mobi or .prc file to your PC.
2) Connect your Droid/Kindle to your computer with the USB cord. Your Kindle should appear on your computer in the same location you would normally find an external USB drive.
4) Use your computer's file browser to drag and drop files to and from the folder located on the hard drive of your Android phone. .
5) When finished, use your computer's undock, eject, or unmount feature to remove your Kindle.